The International Bottled Water Association recommends 5-gallon hot and cold water cooler dispensing systems should be cleaned with a bleach solution after every other bottle change or every 6 weeks, whichever comes first.
This process takes approximately 45 minutes.
- Plastic Scrub Brush (preferably with a long handle)
- Calibrated Container (2-gallon pail)
- Unscented Household Liquid Bleach
- Clean 1 Gallon Container Filled with Bottled Water
*Skip ANY and ALL of these next steps by choosing to go BOTTLELESS when making the switch to HYDR8.
Go GREEN and save time with SELF-CLEANING water machines. TRY US FREE – CALL 718-313-0113!
- Remove the bottle from the cooler. If there is still water in the bottle make sure that you cap or cover the bottle for reuse.
- From the cold faucet drain all water from the cooler into a bucket and discard the water.
For Steps 4-12 download our official guide here:
If you have followed these steps then you now have a clean cooler and have taken an active role in preserving the quality of the equipment you use to dispense your bottled water. “Cleaning instructions are care of the IBWA (International Bottled Water Association) pamphlet #05-04.”
A BOTTLE-FREE SOLUTION
You’re not alone! Bottled water companies don’t say anything about this cleaning protocol. If they did then no one would sign up because who has the time to go through all that trouble!
The American Society For Microbiology, Tufts University, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Health Canada, etc., ALL agree regular sanitization should take place to reduce bacteria and biofilm.
You may have a love-hate relationship with salad BUT we at Hydr8 would bet most people can do without salad in their water…
Ultimately, we believe water should be there to help you do your job NOT be-your-job. You, your team & your family have better & more important things to do, don’t you?
Free up your time & make the switch to a
Start Your FREE-TRIAL Today!